Wednesday, February 16, 2011

GOD'S LIGHT

God's light comes up every morning

This is a picture I took one morning from where I sat on my patio, looking out back at the neighbors goat barn, in Harrison.

This morning I am in Saginaw sitting in the living room which faces the east. As I am watching the sun come up and looking at my Aloe plant that is in the window. I got to thinking about how the plants wait every morning for the sun to come up and they automatically grow towards the light. Even Sunflowers will follow the light all day and the next morning when the sun comes up they are facing east again to follow it for another day, how amazing when you think about it.

God asks us to follow him and to be in his light also, but we spend most of our day trying to be out of the sunlight. I think the same goes with God's light, we spend most of the day being out of it. It really makes me think. We spend so much time everyday in the flesh, but how much time do we really spend each day in the spirit with the Lord. He asks us to walk with him and talk with him and he tells us we are his own. Yet, most of us are trying to walk the other way.... Why?

2 comments:

  1. This is a very astute analysis of the human condition. That leads me to the question: which came first, man's need for a relationship with God or God's desire for a relationship with man?What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad that you aren't doing this blog anymore. But I pray that God will bless you with your present and future endeavors. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete