Sunday, March 21, 2010

ROMANS

I was talking with my brother the other day about the Church and God. The conversation was about giving and tithing. His feelings are that God does not always want money from us but he does want us to give from what he has given us and that does not always mean money.  I thought a lot about this conversation and prayed about it, asking God to show more of his word about this subject.
Today in Church the Pastor spoke of this very thing and it comes from ROMANS 12: 6-8
Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith; if service, in our serving; he who teaches, in his teaching; he who exhorts, in his exhortaion; he who contributes, in liberality; he who gives aid, with zeal; he who does acts of merch, with cheerfulness.

I to believe God gave each one of us such unique gifts that are all a part of him to share with each other. He knew that he could not put it all in one or two people, it had to be in many for us to share with one another. So, if we have a special gift that God has given us and we are not sharing or using it for his good, then what? Does he take it from us or just wait until we get it and start sharing it?

I know with me and my gift to gab with people has to come from God and I have always used it in many ways but it has taken 55 years for me to start using it for God and his Glory. I guess better late than never. Now that I am on the path with the Lord I pray that he takes me to different places to share his word.


Please share with me how you are using your gift that he Lord has given you so that others can hear your story.

No comments:

Post a Comment