Thursday, February 4, 2010

THE PRAYER OF JABEZ

THE PRAYER OF JABEZ
I recieved a little book from a friend of mine a few years back called The Prayer Of Jabez. This little book is what started me on my path to seeking the kingdom of God.  This is the prayer.

1 Chronicles 4:9-10

9  And Jabez was more honorable than his brothers, and his mother named him Jabez saying, "because I bore him with pain." 10  Now Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, "Oh that Thou wouldst bless me indeed, and enlarge my border, and that Thy hand might be with me, and Thou wouldst keep me from harm, that it may not pain me!" And God granted him what he requested.

In the little book it says that to should ask God to bless you and enlarge our borders so that we can share his word with more people. So, I thought if God would do that for Jabez, surley he would do it for me. Each night I would pray this prayer before I fell asleep and each morning when I got up I would pray it. When I was driving in my van I would pray it. After about 2 months of praying a couple showed up and bought my house in Harrison and I moved back to Saginaw. I was so busy once I moved back here that I did not even think of that prayer, then one day I came across the little book again and I took the time to sit down and read it. Once again I started praying the prayer, and it has lead me to The First Church of God in Saginaw. I still say the prayer everyday, I can not get it out of my mind anymore. After praying it the other day God put into my heart to do volunteer work at the underground railroad so I will be mailing out the app. this week. I believe so strongly that nothing happens by mistake, God has a plan for everything we do in this life and every person we meet. I am so gratefull for everyone that has passed through my life, for I have learned so much from all of them. I feel blessed everyday. I know God is preparing me for something great and wonderful that I can do for him while I am here in servcie to him.

We never know what tomorrow will bring for us, all we know for sure is that God will walk us through it and never leave our side.

Let's give praise and glory to our All Mighty God.

Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment