Friday, January 8, 2010

COLOR OF SPRING


I was gently wakend this morning at 4:00 am with what I thought was the sound of a lawn mower. Not quite awake yet this picture came into my mind of my flowers that were just off the edge of my patio in Harrison. I could smell them and see the bright colors in my mind. As this was drifiting through my mind and I was listening to the lawn mower, I started to wake up and get out of bed, I realized I was dreaming but could still hear the noise. I looked out the window into the dark and it was the man across the street blowing the snow out of his drive way with a snow blower. Dang It!  Since I was awake I just went ahead and got up, had coffee and more coffee and a little more coffee....  by now it is 6:00 am and I figured what the heck I might as well go ahead and get dressed and go out and snow blow my own driveway...  While I was bundled up like a eskimo with snow blowing in my face, I started thinking about this picture again and how pretty all my flowers and plants were and how green the grass was at the farm and it made my heart warm. I would get up early in the morning and sit on the front porch, have coffe, and more coffee, and a little more coffee... and read my Bible.  Every moring for about a month one summer a man would go by in his horse and buggy (not amish).  I liked listening to the sounds of the horses hoofs clopping on the road. I thanked God for letting me have the time that I did at the farm and for all the friends that gatherd together for so many events while we lived there.  What a blessing. I give Praise to the Lord for it.

AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment