Tuesday, January 26, 2010

BEING IN SERVICE IN SAGINAW


Pastor Van and the Praise Team including the Kids Corner Children

I have not written anything for a couple of days because I am not sure what I am feeling about the Church. I never question God in my life but I do question everything else. Being a business person and having a business mind I tend to look at everything from that angle. When I look at the Church I attend I see the business problems and that overides my being able to just feel the Lord when I am sitting in the pew. I am praying hard for the Church to increase it's membership as the Pastor asked us to do on Suday. What my business mind is saying..... location, location, location.... when you sit in the middle of a poor area it's hard to squeeze needing, caring, sharing and giving out of it. If the Church is to be of service to the people, what do the people need? and how can it be in servie to the Lord and lead them to him at the same time? How do you have God's house sitting in the middle of negativitie and let the light of the Church shine so bright that people are drawn to it???  That is the question. That is what I am praying God can answer for me.

Anyone that knows me, knows I have a huge problem with organized religeon, so if God has lead me through the doors of this Church he has to have a purpose for me and the Church. Pray for me.

God has also put in my heart to stay in Saginaw for a little longer and not move to Harrison right away.... there has to be a huge reason for that because he knows I have never wanted to be in Saginaw and now he is keeping me here a little longer. I have accepted all of this and trust he is leading me to be of service to him here.

The Church has such wonderful and loving people that belong to it and I am sure are as willing to do what it takes to keep the doors open. I guess this is where we are walking through the Shadow in the Valley and have to faith that God will lead us through it.

Praise to the Lord
Amen


1 comment:

  1. First Church of God in SaginawJanuary 27, 2010 at 7:19 PM

    Betty,

    We understand that we are in a poor location, we would love to move and buy or build a bigger church in a better neighboorhood.We are glad that you are apart of the Church with us. You are a very inspiring woman and we all love you. Thank you for sharing updates on you blog.

    God Bless You,
    Your Church

    ReplyDelete