Sunday, December 20, 2009

FAMILY FUN AND MEMORIES



All these beauitful ladies are my cousins. This was taken at a Victorian Garden Party that my cousin Bill and his wife Sue put on for us in the summer of 2007.

I thought I would share this with all of you, just to take our minds off the cold for a few minutes. This was a fun get together that was planned a year in advance. The dresses four of the ladies on the left are wearing were all made (100%) by my ocusin Bill, who at the time was 62, I think. It took him all winter to make these dresses and he did a wonderful job, the ladies were thrilled with them.

This took place on the hottest day of the summer that year, it was over 90 degrees. As hot as we were on that one day, I can not even imagine what it must of been like for the women back in the days when they dressed that way all the time.

We took pictures that day, went on the hay ride back through the woods, the men did the cooking, serving and cleaning . I can not begin to tell you how much fun we had. We did it a couple of years in a row and then everyone got busy with other things.

That's one of the reason I loved being in Harrison, we would come up with ideas like this to get together and just have fun. Alvin and I always had a Holloween party every year that was potluck of course. We came in costume or not, it was up to them. We had so many laughs and wonderful times. I have such a wonderful family.

Just before I left Harrison a few of us talked about getting together to start a Bible Study Group, never got a chance for it. I am sure when I move back it will happen. I might even get a few of them to go to Church with me. I will be praying on this everyday until then.

We even had a memorial service and dinner on my patio for my dad and his sister the first summer we moved to Harrison. The lady in the picture on the far right is my cousin Carlinda, it was her mom and my dad. Her mother passed away in December and my dad passed in March of the follwoing year, so once my step mom came back from FL. we were able to get together and have a service. My uncle Bruce (he is the brother of my dad and aunt) is a Pastor and he did the honors of leading the service. It was so nice just to share stories with everyone because I did not grow up with dads side of the family. What a blessing the memorial was.

Anyway.... just wanted to share a little of my life with you. God only knows what I will write about tomorrow.

Love and Light
Betty

No comments:

Post a Comment