Sunday, December 13, 2009

ARE WE READY?

Today at Church was very moving, do to the fact that so many of the members have passed over to be with the Lord this year.  I am sure it must be a whole in everyones heart at this time of year that was close to them. I did not know any of them because I have only been at the Church for a short time. 


 In my mind I like to think this is the way the Lord is in heaven, looking down on us, just waiting to take us home. We are here for such a short time and each of us have a day that we to will pass to the other side,are we ready? Some of us will have long lives here in this world and some of may go home tomorrow, are we ready? Some of us have loved one that will pass in minute, are they ready? Do we have Jesus Christ in our lives and heart? have we asked for forgivness for our sins? This is the way I think it will be when I stand in front of the Lord on Judgement Day....  I imagine having two duffle bags on my back, one carries the good things I have done in my life and the other carries all the sins I have done in my life, so when the Lord asks me to unload my bags so he can see them...  I am figuring it will take me a lot longer to unload the sin bag.  So everyday I am trying to let Jesus lead me into his service so I can will be able to walk the walk and talk the talk of Jesus Christ my Lord and savior.
God knows I have already been walking the other path in life and that has not served me well so far, so I am going to try the other path and see where he leads me.  Those of you that know me, know I am going to need a lot of prayers.

Today is my baby brothers birthday, we are 13 years apart and are complete strangers. He was only about 2 years old when I got married at the age of 16, so due to the kind of family I had we never spent time together, which is very sad to me because we never got to know one another and since we have a crazy mother she has made it impossible to be sister and brother. I pray that once we both make it to heaven we will be able to know one another then. I truley believe everything happens for a purpose in this life, so I have to trust it is all just part of God's plan because I have never believed that Satan has had any power in my life and he never will.    Happy bithday Roy, you are in my prayers tonight.

On to a happier note. The Pastor keeps talking about all the changes the Church will be making starting the first of the year and I am looking forward to seeing what will be new.  I believe God has lead me to be at service in this Church while I am still living in Saginaw.  What I don't understand is why he wants me in this Church and did not wait until I move to Harrison where I will attend the Long Lake Chapel.  He must have something at this Church he wants me to do or wants me to learn.  At any rate, I am so looking forward to being in service in any way he needs me.

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps He will reveal the reason one day. Much love coming your way Betty. God bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I am just glad that God sent you to our church. And we are just gonna have to convince you to stay!!! :)

    ReplyDelete