Sunday, November 29, 2009

A MAGICAL NIGHT




JESUS THROUGH A EIGHT YEAR OLDS EYES

I was talking with a friend today and I started thinking about when I was a young girl around the age of 8.  I used to love going to visit my aunt and uncle that lived in Litchfield, MI during December. My aunt alwasy had campbells's chicken noodle soup to eat and that was my favorite way back then.  They lived in a second floor apartment across the street from the park, that was in the center of town. I was visiting on a cloudy, cold december day. The snow was was falling softley to the ground all day. I looked out the living room window to watch the snow as it gentley fell from the dark night sky. The park across the street was all lit up from the street lights and all the christmas decorations. Right directley across from the apartment window was the display of the baby Jesus and the manger. Throuhg the snow and lights it looked so real that I kept looking to see if any of he figures were going to move. I just knew that baby Jesus must be cold. My aunt noticed me looking at the scene in the park and turned off all the lights and tv in the apartment so I could hear the christmas music that they played non stop in the park. My heart was filled with love and anticipation of christmas. To a young girl of eight it was such a magical night and sight to behold. One that will forever be etched in my mind.

1 comment:

  1. I love this memory - and what a loving aunt she was to make this so special for you. Thanks for sharing. Love, Aleta

    ReplyDelete