Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy All Saints Day

Just found out at church this morning that it is All Saints Day.....  never new that the day after Holloween was All Saints Day.....  learn somthing new everyday!

While I was in church today my cousin was in my heart and mind, so I want to share this with all of you and ask you to say a prayer for her.

She called me the other day with something heavy on her heart and mind.  Her Grandson passed away a couple years back with cancer, he was only 7 years old (if I remember correctly).  He was born into this world with medical problems and needing a liver transplant. He got the new liver while he was still a baby and battled cancer the few presious years he was here. He was born to a mother that had a drug problem and was focused on herself and not him.  She did not take him for lab work when he needed it, she did not come to the hospital to be with him like a mother should and did not spend the time with him when he was at home dieing like she should have....  so, because of all this my cousin has hate in her heart for the mother and I can only try to understand how she must of felt and the deep sadness she felt for her grandson... She went into a deep depression for a while after her grandson went to live with God because she missed he so dearly...  time moved on and she is doing much better.

Now the issue is that the mother to her grandson came into the store she works at the other day and even though she thought she had dealt with all of it......  she found all the old feelings coming back and the feeling of not being able to forgive the mother for not being with her grandson.... 

It must of felt like the devil him self walking through the door that day and bringing all the bad feeling back again. Even though the mothers trying to do better....  my cousin is still holding hate in her heart....  And, on top of all that...  the mother now wants to see her other son that lives with his dad and the dad is going to let her see him.  She can only see him under supervision and she wants that to be her mother and the father of the grandson has agreed to that(which is my cousins son).  My cousin is angry about that also because she thinks someone besides the other grandma should  do the supervision because she also played a part in not being with the grandson when she was needed and lied for the mother....  what a hurtfull situation it must all have been.

My cousin knows in her heart that she needs to forgive but just can't do it yet...  she knows that forgiveness is for her soul but she still can't do it....  I pray that one day soon God will take all this from her and allow her to forgive and even find a place in heart to love the moter of her grandson...  No matter what, God wanted him to be here, if only for a short time and without the mother she would never have known her gandson...  I guess when she can realize that the hate and non forgivness is the devils work.... she will be able to forgive, because the devil loves us to hate other people....  and the devil loves for us to be in the black hole of depression....

MY ADVICE TO HER IF SHE READS THIS IS....  PUT A LITTLE LOVE IN YOUR HEART...  

AND GOD WILL GO THE REST.  

Keep this tune in your mind and it will keep the devil at bay because he don't like the light of God..

THIS LITTLE LIGHT OF MINE.... I'M GONNA LET IT SHINE, LET IT SHINE, LET IT SHINE...

I love you cuz,
Betty

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite songs that helps me when I am being negative and the world seem dark is: Keep on the sunny side of life. It will help you every day. It will guide you on your way when you keep on the sunny side of life. It's an old country tune, but I love it.
    God bless everyone with hugs and kisses every day. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete