Thursday, October 29, 2009

THE DEVIL HAS NO POWER UNLESS WE GIVE IT TO HIM

Good Morning,

I went to a PEP meeting at the church last night.  Wanted to check it out and see what it was all about.  The meeting consisited of Pastor Van, a mother, her four teen children, myself and five empty chairs.  I was impressed that this mother was able to keep her children all together in the church. It was obvious that they were a close family. It made me think once again of what it would have been like if I would have had my family in the church. The Pastor gave wonderful advice to the teens and made sure they knew they could bring any problem they would face in life to the church and talk about it.

The theme of the night was about Satan and the lies he is able to create to get people to do his work. The teens really undestood what was being shared. They were very eager and active in the discusion, which was wonderful to see. They are all active in service either through the church, commuity or school...  what a happy bunch of kids.

I know when I think back over my life I can surley see where I let the devil control things with me.  Like the Pastor says.... the devil has no power unless we let him have it..... how very true that is.

I guess today will be in prayer for the 5 empty chairs and everyone in my life. Also a woman from the church named Linda that has a blockage in her system she asked every one to pray for. She has faith that God can heal it.

I ask that everyone take a couple of minutes today to just say a pray for someone you know needs it and for yourself.

God be with you today

Betty

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could fill one of those chairs but I'll have to do it thru you. Hopefully Marsha will go when she returns.

    ReplyDelete